Spring REC Overview
Registration for the 2020 Season will begin in March. The season runs May through mid-June.
WMSC Spring Rec Soccer is open for players in PreK-8th Grade!
The program is designed to allow our recreation soccer players time to play in the spring.
The 2020 program will include a Pre K session on Fridays and the K-8th Grade sessions Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Pre-K program is designed for players 4-year-olds or 5-year-olds.
DATES for 2020: Tuesday May 5th - Thursday June 4th - K-8th (no Saturday sessions)
Friday May 8th - Friday June 5th - Pre-K
LOCATION: Ralston Fields (please note that this is not Ralston Playground, the fields are farther west)
COST: $ 110 K-8 Early Bird Discount available until midnight April 2nd, 2020
$140 K-8 After April 2nd, 2020
$ 50 PreK (4-5 yr olds)
Tuesdays and Thursday Sessions:
4:20pm - 5:20pm - Kindergarten through 3rd- grade GIRLS
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm - Kindergarten through 3rd-grade BOYS
6:40pm - 7:40pm - ALL 4/5/6/7/8th graders
Friday Sessions (Pre K Only)
4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Boys
5:30 pm - 6:15 pm Girls
- 2 sessions a week for K-8th Grade
- 1 session a week for Pre-K; we recommend 4 year olds and 5 year olds for this program.
- There are NO uniforms. In an effort to keep costs low as well as allow flexibility in setting teams, players MAY USE pinnies when playing.
- Shin guards are mandatory for all players. Cleats are recommended.
- Earrings are not permitted.
- The goal with spring soccer is to afford the players as many touches on the ball as possible. Sessions are divided into two parts, skills training and gameplay. The games are played on small fields.
- Spring REC soccer is NOT the same as Fall REC soccer.
- Teams are created on the field (gender and age) each session, based on who shows up to play. We know children have lots of other spring activities and it is okay if your child cannot participate in all of the sessions.
- Cheshire Trainers serve as both trainers and coaches. There are no parent coaches.
Questions not answered herein? Please contact Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org